Done vs Closed/Resolved and Notifications

NickM October 31, 2019

I understand the difference between closed and resolved, but I'm not clear on how these are intended to differ from "done".

I have a project with a simple workflow -- To Do, In Progress, Blocked, Validation and Done -- based on the sample Scrum project, but with some minor modifications  When Devs complete a task, they are marked as Done, but this isn't triggering notifications.  When I look at the notification scheme, we have notifications triggers for Closed and Resolved, but no option for Done.

I figured I needed to edit the workflow to add Closed as an option -- if this is the case, what was the point of having the default Scrum project use "Done" if there is no option for this status to trigger a notification?  Alternatively, I figure I need to create some kind of custom notification -- which seems like overkill.

Or am I misunderstanding things?

1 answer

0 votes
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2019

No @NickM you need not make changes in the workflow ..as per your assumptions in the first passage it's right ...the done also comes under the resolved ,rest are considered to be closed ..so by this if thr notification configurations are right then you should receive the notification or else there's something else the real issue ..not with your understanding...it's right dude 

Regards

Kevin.

NickM October 31, 2019

Hi Kevin -- thanks for the quick answer.  I had assumed the notification event for "Issue Closed" would map to the status "Done".  It didn't occur to me that it would be the event "Issue Resolved".

I'm editing my notifications accordingly and will test.

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2019

Sure @NickM also feel free to discuss about your test run and if u have any issues later 

Suggest an answer