Done or Resolved issues dont show up on the board in custom workflow.

DJ October 22, 2019

I am using jira cloud and created multiple projects. All the custom workflows or boards when the issue is done or resolved state, it goes away  from the board.

Is there a way to have full visibility on the board itself ? I know you can go under resolved issues and it will show all old issues but I want it on the board itself. 

Any help or suggestions  are appreciated.

Thank you. 

1 answer

1 vote
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

Hello @DJ

I don't really understand what you mean, but from what I interpret is that some issues disappear on the board. The first thing I would check to try to fix this is in the board configurations settings.

• Find the columns section
  • On the right side, you should see something like this:

image.png
  • If an issue is in a status that in unmapped, it won't show on the board. 
  • If thats the case, just drag the unmapped status to the column you want (or add a new column).

Please let me know if this doesn't answer your question!

DJ October 23, 2019

Hey , Thank you for replying. Its not that they are unmapped. 

Lets say below example:

ToDO --> In Progress --> Under Review --> DONE

The case will go as it should go according to the above workflow, as soon as the status gets to the DONE status, it will stay on the board and will disappear after couple of days, all the older issues can not been seen on board as well. It will also show the message saying: 

"Looking for older issues?"

Does the issues have a life span to be on the board which I am missing somewhere.

Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2019

What is your current board filter? Do you filter out issues that are done and resolved after a couple of days?

Suggest an answer