Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Done lane shows FINISH and FINISHED as statuses but i can't find where to fix or change that

Hey JIRA Team!

I noticed today that in one of our products that i am helping now a bit the following statuses appear in our DONE lane - Finished and Finish and it is rather confusing.

I can't find where to disable this from or adjust it, thanks for the assistance!

See the photo below:
Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 13.38.44.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader May 04, 2022

What exactly are you wanting to change? Are you wanting to change the name of those statuses? If so and this is a CMP project and that can be done by going into project settings then workflows and edit the workflow. Please understand that changing the name of the statuses will change it for all projects currently using those statuses. If this is a TMP project then you can edit the workflow by clicking the link at the top of your board. 

Hey Jack,

we are running a CMP but i can't find that setting as a Project Admin - do i need full JIRA Admin settings to be able to adjust workflows?

Jack Brickey Community Leader May 04, 2022

Possibly.

As a project admin you can most certainly edit workflows that are unique to your project. However, if the workflow is a shared with other projects then you cannot edit. What you can do is make a copy of the current shared workflow and edit that workflow as you desire then associate to your project's issuetypes. When it comes to statuses it is much better to not rename them but to either leveraging other existing ones or creating new ones. I'm guessing you want to use the more traditional done or resolved or closed statuses? Assuming so then I'm sure those statuses already exist and you can simply add them to your workflow and then remove the undesired statuses.

FWIW, Looking at your image there are some "done status categories "in your workflow that I would personally use as resolutions. For example won't fix. In my opinion it is better to have simple statuses like done, resolved, and closed and use the resolution field to qualify to final status. 

Like Orestis Fokas likes this

I see, i was not aware of that - i will look into it. Is there any link with information you could share about the resolution field?

0 votes

Hi @Orestis Fokas ,

finish and finished, based on your screenshot, are two different transition in one of the workflow used in your board.

Please, identify that workflow and check what is the difference about these two transitions. You could collapse these two in just one transition. 

Hope this helps,

Fabio

HEy Fabio,

thank you very much. In order to review the Workflows I would need full JIRA ADMIN permissions and not just Project admin correct? Because right now i can't find the setting

@Orestis Fokas If it is a company managed project, you need to be JIRA Admin in order to edit the workflow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you