'Done' items are rolling into next sprint - net gen project

David Rhodes October 19, 2019

Hi, I have just started using a new next-gen project. When an item is finished, I mark it as Done on the drop-down. I can also see that it's in the Done column if I go to 'Boards'.

However, when I marked the sprint as complete it didn't pick up any of the Done tasks and I've had to roll them into the next sprint. I've seen some suggestions that the tasks need to be in the right-most board column. My default column layout (auto-created)  was Done followed by 'Can not complete'. I've re-ordered this by dragging the column order in case that was the reason, but it's still the same when I click on 'Complete sprint'.

I must be missing something but not sure what!

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2019

Issues marked as Done should have a value for the resolution field. In some other posts the resolution field isn't being set and the issue still shows the initial Unresolved. Usually moving the issue to Done will initiate a transition where the resolution is presented for the user to set or set in a post function. Look at those issues to see if the resolution is set. DO NOT create a resolution of unresolved. That just causes confusion and doesn't help. When resolution shows unresolved it means the value in the database is NULL. 

David Rhodes October 20, 2019

Thanks for the answer Joe. I don't appear to have a resolution field anywhere (do next-gen projects have that?). I have a dropdown in the ticket with 3 options - Done, To Do and In Progress.

When I closed the ticket I simply selected "Done" and nothing else happened - no pop-ups or any other prompts.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2019

I don't use next gen projects so I'm not familiar with the workflows. Open in issue and in the details the resolution field will be displayed. If it shows Unresolved you have a problem with the workflow. 

Suggest an answer