Done issues do not display in Portfolio Plan

Craig Ducharme July 23, 2017

Hello, 

I've reviewed previous questions regarding this topic (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Portfolio-removes-stories-which-are-set-to-quot-green-quot-done/qaq-p/578511) including questions referenced within.    

I've also reviewed the Scope documentation here.   

After performing the following steps, I'm still experiencing the issue:

1) Set More filter to "Status: Open and completed issues"

2) Delete/recreate Sources

- While recreating the Sources I noticed that Done issues do not appear in step "3 - Confirm what's in scope" (all releases are selected)  

- I'm using Filters for Source Type and have verified the missing stories are in the saved filter.  

3) Delete/recreate Plan

Done issues were appearing in the Live Plan in late June early July.  

What am I missing? 

Thanks, 

Craig

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Ducharme July 24, 2017

I was missing the second bullet point in the big yellow warning box in this article.  

Craig

1 vote
hagay July 16, 2020

I believe I figured out yet another behaviour, which I don't recall to see in any of these discussions.

I think it is the reason for some of the unresolved cases here.

When you create a plan (or for that matter, edit the "issue source" of an existing plan), in one of the steps you get a list of issues, based on your program filtering, to select from, to be included in the plan.

By default, all issues are selected. However, in this step, you don't get the 'Done' issues at all and there is no way to unfilter this. This is why you later on don't see them in the plan - not because of any hidden filter you missed, rather they were never part of the issues selected for the plan.

I get the logic, that when you create a new plan, you are not supposed to plan for issues that are already done. But many of us do want these issues to appear and it might be the case where we set the plan a little later than its actual start date or, as I mentioned before, we edited the issue source later on, at a point where some issues were already completed. Now these issues will disappear from our plan just because we made some edits.

Is anyone familiar with what I just described? Any ideas how to overcome this?

Thanks.

1 vote
Nico Overproof August 20, 2019

The solution for me to find "done" tickets in my Portfolio plan was the "Resolution" state of the ticket but there is a catch: the new Jira UI doesn't show Resolution, and even after switching to the old version doesn't let you edit the Resolution. 

What I end up doing was:

1. Edit my Screen Schema to display Resolution into it (https://XXXXXX.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ConfigureFieldScreen.jspa?id=XXXXX)
  2. In the old user interface change the Resolution of the ticket I wanted to show in portfolio to Done (https://XXXXX?oldIssueView=true)
    Good luck!
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

This worked for me, thank you!

0 votes
Satya Sai Aduri June 11, 2021

I have come across a special situation where the status has been marked as "Resolved" but the the "Resolved Date" field  has been left empty for some of the issues. The empty date ones weren't coming up in my plan. Once after I have populated this field, the issues started showing up in the plan. 

Hope this will help some folks who are facing the same issue!

0 votes
Sebastian May 14, 2020

We are having this same issue. Looks like this bug has been lingering for 3 years at least.

Was there any resolution to showing tasks that are Done from a filter search source in a portfolio?

0 votes
Aneto
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 27, 2019

Something very important to keep in mind: 

Even after you do whats on this article, if you have an issue marked as done that also has the resolution marked as unresolved, it will not show at all on the plan, no matter what you do 

Suggest an answer