Done Issues in Sprint

Day Kirby May 3, 2017

I have an active sprint of planned issue and an additional sprint for ad-hoc issues within a project. Since I can only have one active sprint, the second sprint isn't active. When issues get set to Done in the ad-hoc/inactive sprint, they disappear from my board, but I would still like to see them on my board (crossed out) just as I do for my active sprint. Advice?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2017

If you mark an issue as done, it's done.  If it's in the current active sprint, it will be marked as done, because people need to see it.  It's not going to appear in the backlog becasue it's done. 

I don't know that there's a lot of advice I can give.  The system is doing what it's supposed to, so I can only question the need to see done issues from other sprints that don't need any action in a board that's supposed to be showing you another sprint or a backlog which is never supposed to show you done items.  I suspect you're trying to do some sort of reporting that shouldn't really be board based.

Day Kirby May 10, 2017

What I want is an easy way to keep a track on which of my (non-sprint) backlog items have been done. It's unavoidable that my team picks up unplanned items during the sprint (bug fixes for instance). Whether I would see those items tracked on a true board or not, it's a fairly frequent thing I need to stay on top of and would love to have a handy display for (ideally while I'm also staying on top of the sprint). And of course I'd like to avoid putting things in my sprint just so I can get this display. Advice?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2017

Search for them, save the filters and use them to report on the issues in dashboard gadgets.

Suggest an answer