Don't want a Template

Alexandre June 23, 2021

Hi Everyone i would like to create a Jira service desk without template but the new version of jira doesn't allow me to do that.

PLease Help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

What do you mean by "without template"? 

You can't just create a project without any settings, you have to tell it the basic mandatory settings before Jira can create anything.

Alexandre June 24, 2021

i mean i can"t create a jira service desk without template already created by Jira

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

I am sorry, but repeating the phrase I am asking about does not help me understand it.

Let me ask this a different way - what are you are trying to achieve by "creating a Jira service desk [project] without a template"?   What would you expect a project created without a template to look like?

Tina Esmaeili August 14, 2023

same problem here, Jira chooses some fields and some task types, workflow,... I cannot replace with another previously defined workflow. All I can do is edit the proposed workflow of the template

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Same question - what would you expect a non-template project to look like, and why is there a problem reconfiguring the project to suit what you need after creation?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events