Don't receive an undeliverable error message when sending a JETI email to a non jira user with an invalid email address

DLee157 August 27, 2013

We use JETI to send emails to non JIRA users as part of a support desk model. Sometimes, the JETI email sender uses an invalid email address as the recipient in the To or cc line.

If this scenario happened with a regular email client (Outlook, LNotes, etc), I would receive an undeliverable error message after I sent the email thus notifying me the email was never sent. Is that possible with the JETI plugin? If not, how do we identify when an email was not delivered due to an invalid email address as a recipient?

1 answer

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2013

Hi, unfortunately, it is not possible for JETI to detect this. It dispatches the email to the SMTP server and returns. There is no further control of what happens to the email itself. It may travel through various mail servers until it is bounced back as undeliverable.

The bounce message is sent to the sender of the original email and JETI or JIRA cannot detect this.

Tibor

Suggest an answer