Don't create issue if date not

Anthony Zepeda October 24, 2017

We have our change management tickets setup in Jira. I have a custom date filled called "Change Date & Time" and also another Custom field called "Change type" with 3 options, Emergency, Standard, and Change Model. Is there any way that I can have a validation of some sort so that if a user creates a change ticket, and the date of their change is not at least 7 days out from that moment, that it throws an error saying they must set their change as an Emergency change?

2 answers

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

The Suite Utilities for Jira will only do the validation for one specific field. If you want to validate multiple fields you could use ScriptRunner to have a scripted validator that compares all the fields you want to check.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2017

You would need an app to do it, Suite Utilities for Jira (JSU) has a date validator, and there should be others as well.

Anthony Zepeda October 25, 2017

I do have this in place, but it seem like it will apply it to the whole workflow. I only want it to apply if a certain field is selected. 

Suggest an answer