Domain associated with Customer

Raj August 23, 2019

Is there a way i can have Jira customer organization able to create tickets by verfying the sender's domain?. Currently, we are having too many headaches having to keep manually updating customer email address and it would be easier to do this if we can simply map a domain to an organization like in fresh desks. 

1 answer

0 votes
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

You can use Automation for JIRA plugin(paid version) to create an automation rule that would associate users with organization during ticket creation. Not sure if you can do the same for existing users. 

Raj August 27, 2019

Hi Gave this a try. Unfortunately, it did not work as it cant pick up the domain from the reporter. 

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2019

Are you sure you added the right rule? 

Below is the rule I configured on my system which works.

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 11.54.42 AM.png

Ruud Palmen September 30, 2019

Hi Jira Guy,

This should work indeed. The only problem is that you cannot link an domain to an organization. This option creates an organization based on the domain name.

Or someone needs to know how to do so.

Suggest an answer