Domain administrator password is hard coded some where

Naveen Dornala April 4, 2016

Hi Team,

If I change my domain administrator password, users are unable to login to JIRA URL. After resetting to old password, again it started working. I am assuming the domain administrator password is bound in JIRA installation files or in a configuration file.  I would like to change this binding with another user account instead of domain  administrator. Could you please help me with this?

Please note that we have configured LDAP authentication and configured with dedicated separate ID, not the domain administrator.

Thanks,

D Naveen 

3 answers

0 votes
mlassau_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2016

JIRA just uses the username and password that you enter when you configure the LDAP directory.

Please note that we have configured LDAP authentication and configured with dedicated separate ID, not the domain administrator.

Are you sure?
Are you sure you are changing the domain administrator account and not your "separate account"?
Can it be that changing the domain administrator account also changes the "separate" account???

Note that JIRA LDAP has a test screen where you can type in username and password to check connection and valid settings. 
Alternatively Apache has a free LDAP client.
https://directory.apache.org/studio/
You could use it to independently confirm the behaviour of the LDAP server - trying logging in to the two accounts from there before and after the password change.

0 votes
Naveen Dornala April 4, 2016

You are correct Nic, I searched and don’t see any hard-coded entries. I don’t see any errors in LDAP authentication and I don’t see any errors when I ran an LDAP authentication test also. Users are not able to login to the URL, if I reset the password for the domain administrator account, so I revert back it to old password. I have tested same two times.

Thanks,
D Naveen

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

There's no hard-coded password, or one in a configuration file. 

It sounds to me like there is something wrong with your LDAP synchronisation if the password is not coming across.  Could you check that LDAP is set up correctly and showing no errors in logs or the UI?

Suggest an answer