Does validate method called before getValues method in JQL ?

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2014

Hi ,

I am upgrading jira from 5.0.7 to 5.2.11

Just wanted to know the flow of method calls in customJQL ?

In my case getValues method is getting called before validate method which is breaking the validation.

2 answers

0 votes
Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2014

@Jamie,

for a workaround (not a solution) : I am calling the validate method from getValues method.

Still debugging and finding the correct solution.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2014

Typically it does, but not always (which is a bug imho).

If you are running a query in the issue nav, it will always be called first, however I have seen occassions where it doesn't, for instance when starting up jira and then going to the issue nav, the last query that user ran is run.

My workaround is to extract any query params etc in the getValues method as well, so factor out that code into some other routine rather than use class fields (which may cause you problems, as there is only ever a single JqlFunction instance).

Suggest an answer