Does there have to be a reporter to create an issue?

Shreena Patel October 18, 2012

Hi there,

I have created a project for customers to submit their issues/bugs. The permissions that have been set are:

• Create Issue-Anyone
  • Browse Issues, edit etc- staff-group

This is so customers can create an issue and the issue is then integrated with our system. I created custom fields for Name and details etc. but it says I cannot create an issue as a reporter is required. I thought the "anyone" setting would work. Is there a way to do this without creating a reporter? Or have a default reporter set as an user without having to log in or anonymous user?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Shreena

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

You can make the reporter field optional but you might want to capture the person's name, email etc.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Specifying+Field+Behaviour#SpecifyingFieldBehaviour-Makingafieldrequiredoroptional

Thanks guys, I have it working now :)

0 votes
Shreena Patel October 22, 2012

I've sorted it, used single user email address under JIRA Notifications instead of single email address, worked perfectly.

0 votes

I've sorted it, used single user email address under JIRA Notifications instead of single email address, worked perfectly.

0 votes

This is part of JIRA notificaitons though.. My Notification Scheme has only one event i.e. Issue created-Notfication: Single Email Address. Could you give me some advice on which third party provider may be useful? I'm using jira ondemand.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

That must be from a third party plugin. You will have to check with the author.

0 votes

Sorry one more question, I have a JIRA Notification for this project that when anonymous user creates an issue a single email address gets that email notification i.e. me, but this is not working. Do you know why? It says under Notifications>Single Email Address "Notifications will be sent only for public issues. Public issues are issues which have a Permission scheme that gives the 'Browse Projects' permission to 'Anyone'(any non-logged-in users)". I have given anyone access to create an issue but not browse. Can I still be notified somehow?

0 votes
TimT
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

Depending on your use case, you might want to use an Issue Collector to allow customers to submit issues directly from your website or application without having to go to JIRA:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Collector

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

See below, it indicates Anonymous browse is also required?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Allowing+users+to+create+issues+anonymously

Failing that, there is always email.

Suggest an answer