Does there an exist an easy solution for Teamtrack to JIRA transformation?

Patrick Stout September 24, 2012

My company will be phasing out of Teamtrack soon and moving ahead with JIRA. However after research it seems that there is no eloquent way to transfer all of our data from Teamtrack to JIRA. I've seen some post almost a year old with some heavy scripting required and not great details. I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction on the best way to get this achieved.

Thanks again,

Patrick

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

We migrated a few years ago - very happy now :). We did a few things you can consider:

1. We used the JIRA Command Line Interface to script moving issues by reading the TeamTrack database
  2. We choose to migrate only the most current and any active issues
  3. The older issues were archived to a datamart for historical tracking
  4. We turned off our TeamTrack server after everything was running smoothly :)
Patrick Stout September 24, 2012

Yea I looked into the JIRA Command Line Interface a bit from one of your previous post. I'll have to take a closer look to attempt to fully understand it. We are planning on moving over ALL previous issues.

Is there any way you could provide insight on what exact scripts you ran inside the JIRA Command Line Interface? Was it all of them or only select ones you deemed appropriate?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

The primary actions you use for this are:

1. createIssue and updateIssue
  2. addAttachment
  3. addComment

Depending on how automated you want to be, you may use createProject and similar project configuration actions. If users are a problem, you need the user actions. You will need to test with many runs, start with a small subset to iron out the wrinkles. You might want to consider an Atlassian Expert to help you through this.

Suggest an answer