Does the "Contact Administrators Form" form work in JIRA OnDemand?

Ross Westerbur October 12, 2013

I'm trying to add a contact-administrators option to an OnDemand instance, but setting this option to ON in System > General Configuration > Options doesn't seem to do anything. I guess I'm expecting the "to request an account..." message on the login screen to link to a contact-administrators form, as I do see on my download/installed instances, but that does not work for me in OnDemand. I have confirmed that I do have users who have the "JIRA Administrators" global permission. Beyond that I am stumped, and I'm wondering if it's just a fact of OnDemand life?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ross Westerbur October 21, 2013

Looks like this is not supported in OnDemand. I submitted an Improvement request for this at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-6872.

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2013

This is a restricted function for OnDemand. More specifically, the JIRA Admin contact form feature is intended for JIRA download version.

See Customising email content here for more details:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

Ross Westerbur October 13, 2013

Jason, thanks very much for the reply. I did bump into the document you linked prior to posting my question, but it doesn't seem to address the "Contact Administrators" functionality directly - and in any case I'm not interested in customizing any email content itself, I just wanted to enable the default messaging to administrators for users who are having issues logging in or who want to request an account. The message that's displayed on the login screen for OnDemand, "To request an account, please contact your JIRA administrators", is not really valuable to a user who doesn't already know who those administrators are.

Anyway, it's still helpful just to know that the feature is not supported. But this seems like a good opportunity for an improvement, especially considering that the experience for an administrator trying to enable this is very primrose-path, in that everything on the System > General Configuration > Options would seem to imply that it would work as expected. Do you know if there is an open request for this, or would you recommend that I submit one?

Suggest an answer