Does the free trial version of JIRA / Greenhopper consists all the features of a licensed one ? If no, can you specify them as well ?

Karthik Gowrishankar December 16, 2012

Does the free trial version of JIRA / Greenhopper consists all the features of a licensed one ? If no, can you specify them as well ?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2012

Yes, the evaluation license gives you a fully functional system, for a limited time.

Karthik Gowrishankar December 17, 2012

Thanks for clarifying the same John & Nic. !

0 votes
nkaravias May 7, 2013

Thanks, I've already contacted them. It's kind of annoying that they don't have an email.... The only thing I could find for sales is an online form (http://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/) and ofcourse a jira support application :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2013

Hmm, I used to use -sales at atlassian dot com-, but I've not needed to try it for a while

0 votes
Nikolas Karavias May 6, 2013

Is there a limit to how many times you can use a trial licence? One month is not enough currently for our evaluation.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2013

Number of times, no. But it's all date based. If you go over a month, the system will reduce it's functionality until you put in another valid licence.

If you need to extend, you can get in touch with Atlassian sales - they're quite friendly about extensions

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

Hi Karthik,

JIRA and Greenhopper licenses are actually separate, but you can follow the instructions in this documnent to generate evaluation licenses for both products: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRADL/Extending+your+JIRA+evaluation

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer