Does the Automation for Jira addon work for next-gen projects?

Teri February 3, 2020

I've been trying to use it to create tasks and assign apics, but either I'm doing something wrong or there may be a next-gen project problem in Jira cloud. Or perhaps it's a lite/paid version problem?  I've looked at the documentation and been unable to figure out the answer, so I'm hoping someone more experienced can tell me if I'm trying to do something that isn't enabled.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2020

@Teri 

The Automation for Jira partially works for Next-gen projects.

You may refer to the answers provided in the below link.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Automation-for-Jira-in-Next-Gen/qaq-p/1029987

Teri February 5, 2020

Thank you for replying.  Can you tell me if current capabilities would let me automatically create 5 standard tasks upon creation of an epic?

I don't mind taking time to understand what I'm doing wrong if the problem is me.  But if it beyond current capability, I'd rather not waste time.

Like Veera likes this
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2020

@Teri 

With the current capabilities, it's possible to create 5 standard tasks upon creating an Epic in a Next-gen project.

However, it's not possible to link those 5 standard tickets to the Epic. Setting epic link in Next-gen projects is broken in cloud at the moment.

Like # people like this
Teri February 5, 2020

Thank you so much for the reply. Since I want to create those same 5 tasks for every epic, it wouldn't help me if they weren't actually attached to the epic.

I really appreciate you keeping me from thinking I was just doing something wrong.

Like # people like this
Veera
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

You are very welcome, @Teri . Glad I was able to help you with it.

Like mohithb likes this

Suggest an answer