Does jira Application needs restart after plugin installation

sandeep sankalapur December 15, 2014

I have installed a plugin in JIRA, but not sure if I have to restart the Application?

2 answers

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2014

No. You don't usually need a restart.

However, you should consult the documentation of the plugin being installed / upgraded.

sandeep sankalapur December 17, 2014

Thanks Radu :)

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2014
  1. Select a plugin and click the Install button. It it's a paid plugin, you can click Try to install a trial version of the plugin. A confirmation message and the plugin details will appear when the plugin is installed successfully.
    information Note: You may need to restart JIRA for your change to take effect. The Universal Plugin Manager will inform you if this is the case.
    information Note: Not all plugins can be automatically installed. Some require manual installation. These plugins will have a 'Download' button instead of an 'Install' button. In these cases, you should read and follow the plugin's installation instructions.

In my case - The Universal Plugin Manager has not informed anything, so is it fair to be assumed that it doesn't require restart?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2014

Yes, you can try the plug-in can be used?

Yes I can able to use the plug-in.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2014

That should be without restart

sandeep sankalapur December 17, 2014

Thanks Ollie :)

Suggest an answer