Does importing a PROD backup into a TEST environment cause issues with the PROD instance?

richard.guerrini@kirklands.com May 30, 2019

I successfully imported a TEST backup into another TEST environment (using the latest Jira version). The evaluation license just transferred over with no issues.

However, if I import a PROD backup into a non-PROD instance, will that cause issues with the PROD license being on two different servers? Just concerned that the PROD instance will have issues.

Thanks!!

2 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2019

No, importing your prod backup on a test environment will not affect your prod instance, just make sure that you turn off email notifications on the test server. I do this in my environment when we prepare for updates and testing out new apps.

0 votes
Filiberto Selvas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2019

Hello richard.guerrini@kirklands.com I am a product manager in Atlassian.  Would you be willing to have a phone conversation about your requirements for test environments?   If you are please send me an email at: Fselvas at Atlassian dot Com to coordinate a time and day that is convenient for you.  Thank you in advance 

Suggest an answer