Does functionality exist to assign multiple issues to a single user all at once?

Ben Redwing March 18, 2013

I work on a data conversion team and we use JIRA to house our mapping questions, each question being an Issue. Once a group of issues, or questions, are answered it would be extremely time saving if I can assign multiple issues to a single user based on filter results.

I have the filters built, I just need a way to Assign the resulting issues to a single User all at once, oppose to assigning each issue separatley.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2013

Look for "bulk edit" - that will let you take a list of issues from a filter, and edit them all en-masse. If you only change the assignee, that will do the job for you.

You'll need bulk-edit rights (this is in "global permissions") and the rights to assign all the issues you want to change.

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks much, saved several people a lot of time. I'll spread the news.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2013

Kewl. One little gotcha - often you can't edit closed issues because there's a flag on the status saying not to allow it. This will block your bulk-edits.

On the bright side, once you've got a rough filter defined, you#re also offered the option to select/deselect within that list. Means you don't have to get your filters absolutely bang-on accurate before you can start a bulk edit.

0 votes

Labels may be deceiving, as I'm not familiar with 'Download' vs. 'Ondemand'.

Suggest an answer