Does each board get it's own set of Reports in JIRA Agile (velocity chart, sprint burndown etc)?

Matthew Penfield August 27, 2015

I'm setting up a project to run multiple scrum boards against a single Sprint.  Each board is filtered to display only those stories which are tagged with their team name.  

So, when I go to Reports from a given board, will I get data from what was filtered to be visible on that board?  

I'm trying to determine how to best run multiple teams through a sprint, maintaining the ability to report against subsets of those teams, and a view into all teams progress in aggregate.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2015

So, when I go to Reports from a given board, will I get data from what was filtered to be visible on that board?  

Pilar: Yes, you get reports on the information that is available on that board (filtered using the board filter)

I'm trying to determine how to best run multiple teams through a sprint, maintaining the ability to report against subsets of those teams, and a view into all teams progress in aggregate.

Pilar: Your approach is the best. Have multiple boards for sub-teams reporting and also have a parent board for showing aggregate of the entire project.

Another alternative approach to consider is to run parallel sprints (on the same board) for each sub-team.

But here you lose the ability to get the aggregate picture.

Pilar

Matthew Penfield September 3, 2015

great, thanks so much for clarifying

Suggest an answer