Does creating a JIRA issue through the API bypass post functions?

Edward Basiliere February 21, 2018

Hello,

I have issues being created through the API (from Salesforce), but they do not seem to be using any of the post-functions I have created for that workflow. In particular, the Bob Swift Update on Transition post-function to add watchers to the ticket. When I create an issue using the normal JIRA UI, these post-functions process fine.

I'm curious if creating a ticket through the API does bypass post functions.. Or if there is something I am missing.

Thanks!!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Edward Basiliere March 30, 2018

This ended up being a permissions issue. I discovered it after enabling debug logs for the Update on Transition addon. The post functions were running fine, but the salesforce user didn't have sufficient permissions to add watchers to issues.

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

Dear @Edward Basiliere,

this sounds like a bug. Are these post-functions provided by a plugin? Or is from standard Jira?

So long

Thomas

Edward Basiliere February 21, 2018

Hi @Thomas Deiler,

The post-functions are from the Update on Transition for Jira Server plugin.

Thanks!

Eddie

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

Dear @Edward Basiliere,

ok - this 'could' be the reason (just guessing): The vendor hasn't thought on the API, so Jira doesn't know in the moment of the REST call, that this should be executed.

In general, when a plugin provides REST functionality, there will be a documentation. Eg. see the API for Zephyr

Best you ask the vendor for clarification.

So long

Thomas

Edward Basiliere February 22, 2018

Thanks. I'll look into that.

Suggest an answer