Does anything happen when I extend my evaluation license period again and again

nguyen thanh Phuc July 16, 2017

It's seem that i can extend my evaluation license period again and again after it expire each time (30 days) and continue to use Jira product.

So, practically I can use jira for free until I am happy with the product and decide to purchase it? Is there any restriction, limitation or risk involved in doing that?

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
anhnt460 July 19, 2017

Hi Nic,

is it true? at the moment you can extend it as long as you want.

I haven't witnessed any limitation at all.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2017

No, you will not be able to renew after a number of renewals.

You're also breaking the law if you bypass the limitation.

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2017

I think that there's a five times renewal limit (6 months of evaluation).

nguyen thanh Phuc July 17, 2017

one of my friend said that he apply jira for his company and he is able to extend the evaluation license period repeatedly. Just don't know if it's atlassian's strategy or just some bug?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

You can only extend it a few times, 3-5 I think

It will stop working after you renew too many times, becoming read-only.  You'll then need to buy a licence.

Suggest an answer