Does anyone know why the workflow button dissappears?

Micky INS October 7, 2013

I created a workflow and it is active. When I change the issues status from one status to another, the workflow button dissappears so I am unable to change the status again or change it back to the previous status. Does anyone know why this is occuring and why can't I change the status back to a previous status?

3 answers

0 votes
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

Today I saw this problem had happened for an issue and I fix it now by integrity checking as described here.

0 votes
Micky INS October 8, 2013

I figured it out yesterday and it is working like it should now.

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

You might want to describe what you "figured out" so people running into the same problem can benefit from your solution...

Like Kathy Rice likes this
Brent Goodrick March 6, 2014

Yes please do post what you found out.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2013

I would look at the workflow "conditions" on all the outgoing transitions. Maybe you don't have the right to transition the issue.

Cheers Christian

I have admin rights so I should be able to.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2013

That hasn't anything to do with you being the admin. For example, the standard JIRA workflow often uses the "current assignee" condition which means that only the current assignee can transition the issue. So, if your workflow is defined to assign the issue to someone else (not YOU) you wouldn't see the workflow buttons afterwards...

Thank you for the clarity as the prior answer was a bit mis-leading....I am the only one in JIRA right now as I am config the screens accordingly before opening to other users. Which means everything is linked to me, so therefore the assignee is me and the reporter is me and so fourth as I am testing everything I do.

The Issue:

If I keep the workflow very generic meaning with status of Open, In Progress, Resolved, and Closed I am okay. The minute I add in more steps/transitions, it wipes away the workflow button when I move the Issue to a status I just created.

For example, if I create a step labeled "Requirements" and I go into the issue and move it from a status of Open or In Progress to Requirements status, it moves the issue to Requirements status but the workflow button then goes away. It does not allow me to move back into an In Progress status or move forward to another status.

I created two steps one that goes from In Progress to Requirements and then another step from Requirements to In Progress. Am I doing this wrong or am I missing a step? Before moving the status the workflow dropdown contains all the steps I created but choosing one of them makes the dropdown go away.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2013

Could you post a screenshot of your workflow? To me it seems like you haven't configured any outgoing transitions form the "Requirements" step.

Suggest an answer