Does anyone know what "soak" and "slush" refers to?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2014

In the bug workflow on j.a.c there is a state "Soaking". Does anyone have any docco on what this means? I'd guess it means that the fix is in the source, and other devs have pulled it, and is deployed to internal dog-fooding instances. If so I'd quite like to reuse this idea internally.

Similarly, there is a label "Slush". When is this used? Although I could infer what it means I think, would be great to hear it from an Atlassian.

1 answer

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2014

Hi Jamie,

You may find the definitions below:

'Awaiting soak means that the changes are ready to be bundled into a release and shipped to customers, but that release has not been made yet.

Soaking means we are in the process of deploying this fix to customers. What this effectively means is that we have cut a release with this fix and that release is in the sandbox but not yet available to customers. This typically corresponds to the soak time on JAC/QA-JAC.'

The slush label refers to bugs that are relatively easy to fix ( < 0.5-1d to develop a fix).

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Danilo

Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2014
Robby Russell December 4, 2015

Do you tumble dry before you deploy?

Mathijs Groen February 9, 2016

What about thorough QA Testing? Is this implemented in the "soaking" state as well?

Suggest an answer