Does anyone know if there is a way to have two custom select list fields that back against the same list?

Jason Brison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

Essentially I will have a Target Requested and Target Committed, these are different than affect/s and fixed in versions.

I want this same style there where the fields are different but back against the same values so I don't need to update two fields each time we have a new target. Is this possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

Use database custom field and create the table in the JIRA DB itself (and link it to the multiple fields using the same query)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.databasecf

1 vote
FagnerF
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2012

Hi Jason,

The Cascading Select field allows Choose multiple values using two select lists, where the options for the second select list dynamically updates based on the value of the first.

The field can be found navigating through Issues >> Fields >> Custom Fields >> Add Custom Field.

Additionaly there are two plugins to do this:

I hope it helps.

Best Regards

Jason Brison
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2012

MDSF might work, but I don't want multi levels, I just want an additional version field where two fields will share the values available but singe level values, and not contain the same versions that are in the versions field.

0 votes
Jason Brison
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

I am going to close this as not able to do since no proper solution was found.

Suggest an answer