Does anyone have working load testing scripts for current release of JIRA?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2014

Even if Atlassian published some load-test scrips, the last change made to them was more than a year ago, they seem to support only JIRA up to 5.2 and they were never thested on HTTPS.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ATLAS/JIRA+Performance+Testing+with+Grinder

I had to fork them just to fix the HTTPS stuff but they are still failing to run and they are "unsupported", we cannot even add a comment on the documentation page.

If anyone has patched version you are welcome to share them, the fork is on https://bitbucket.org/phoebian/jira-performance-tests- where I already enabled the issue tracker (the original git repo had it disabled).

I'm wondering if load test are really part of the development process, or they were made as a side project, more like an experiment.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2014

It seems that the answer is NO. This time Atlassian support was not able to provide something better than the linked page, which as you probably know is "unsupported", outdated.

In fact the entire Performance test suite seems more like an intern job made during a two weeks, a long time ago.

Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2014

They do have an in-house tool (Soke) which is

a framework for generating load using browsers, via Selenium WebDriver, that stresses applications with accurate traffic and allows for collection of client-side profiling data, network traffic timings and server-side data.

but it's not public.

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2014

Sergey, the second comment on the blog you linked to is from Delcan, who wrote the blog post. He states that Atlassian is intending to make the tool available to the plublic.

At the AtlasCamp 2013 in Amsterdam, Chris Mountford was talking about how they use Soke internaly.

Nevertheless, it would be interessting to know if and when Atlassian might release a test suite.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2014

Has anyone used Grinder with JIRA 6.2 successfully? I'm seeing all kinds of problems with it.

AlexH
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2014

Matt, did you ever get Grinder working with JIRA 6.2 or 6.3?

I find myself using old JIRA 5.1.8 releases with grinder to compare two different hardware platforms for JIRA performance.

Though better than nothing, I'm not sure comparing 5.1.8 performance on different hardware platforms will be all that representative of 6.3 performance...

0 votes
Azfar Masut
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

seems for JIRA 7 and above, this stress test just seems a myth now?

0 votes
wkennedy September 10, 2015

Suggest an answer