Does anyone have an example of a script that would write the results of a SQL query to a page and then run on a regular basis

Thomas Hardin August 19, 2014

I am trying to set up an alert for people that are listed as contacts for certain components that we maintain. As a change to the component occurs, our technical team will update the database with the specifics of that change. What we want to do is automatically notify the contacts when that change is updated.

Our intitial thoughts are to have pages that represent a group of components and have a standing query that displays the details for the group. If someone wants to be on a distibution list, they would complete a form, which would bascially add the component to their list.

What I've learned is that I can make all the changes in the world to a page and it will alert anyone on the watch list. So I thought I could use that as my trigger, however; data changes within a table on a page don't trigger the alerts.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2014

I'm lost. :-) You tagged the question with JIRA, Bamboo and Confluence Questions. So what product are you asking about? Can you describe it using the names inside?

Suggest an answer