Does anyone have a diagram of relationships for schema

Gretchen Jones February 20, 2012

I am getting ready to create a new schema for our projects, based on the defaults and I wondered if there was a ordered diagram anywhere that just provides the object type and what it's parent is?

Workflow Scheme <- Workflow

Issue Type Scheme <- Issue Types

<- Issue Type Screen Schemes <- Issue Type screens <-Field Configurations

etc. showing the relationship between the objects

(obviously this would be better in a graphical diagramming tool).

My main goal is to make sure I don't forget anything while I'm setting this up and also to get the order correct since some things need to be created before others. I've done this before but it's been awhile and we are going into an existing installation so we want to be careful not to mess up the existing schema.

Just a whole picture diagram so that I can make sure I'm remembering to get everything.

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2012

There is a page in the documentation: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens but it is not complete. I prepared such a graph, unfortunately in German: http://www.communardo.de/home/techblog/2011/12/30/ueberblick-ueber-die-jira-konzepte/

Gretchen Jones February 21, 2012

Awesome diagram. And you're right, in German it is difficult to decipher (for me). I may try to translate just for fun and to challenge google translate. :)

Thanks for the other link as well. I had looked for something like that in the documentation but there is so much documentation it's sometimes difficult to find what you're looking for.

NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2012

I've just put the translation of the diagram into the original english JIRA terms onto my TODO list. Let's see when I find the time ;-)

Like Alberto VInasco likes this
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2012

Time to learn more than just "Ich bin Jobin, undu du?" !

NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2012

Well, that's enough for basic smalltalk :-D

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2012

vote up though i must admit understanding the Atlassian translations into German is hard for me as German ;-)

NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2012

Hello again Gretchen and the others: Now I found some time to finalize the english translation of the diagram. Here it is:

http://www.communardo.de/home/techblog/en/2012/04/20/overview-about-important-jira-concepts/

PDF Download: http://www.communardo.de/home/techblog/files/2012/04/JIRA_Concepts.pdf

Like # people like this
John Walker November 17, 2018

Thanks for creating this. It is very useful to see. 

Pete Woolley November 20, 2019

You Sir, are a legend and a hero.

Zhenia Vasiliev October 28, 2020

thank you!! you're a star

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2012

I am not sure if anyone has a diagram but JIRA 4.4+ is pretty good in a way that the project Admin screen is improved to show these relations better. You can create the project with defaults and navigate on the tabs to create or modify the other schemes.

Gretchen Jones February 20, 2012

Yes, 4.4+ would have the workflow diagram plugin built in. Unfortunately our recent upgrade left us just shy of that mark. I have no idea why they didn't upgrade all the way to 4.4. I even asked the question but no...Since I don't have direct access to the server to admin I know that installing the workflow diagram plug in is not possible (for me to do). Having been down this path before. (requires the graphviz modules which may require a kernel recompile for us etc.) I was hoping someone would have a diagram. simple is better.

Suggest an answer