I use a Chrome extension to keep track of issues assigned to me, which is really handy, it also displays JIRA filters in the style of a kanban wall (bit of fun). But, I need to check it works with a couple of different deployments. So if anyone can spare ten mins to give it a go, that would be great!
I gave it a quick 10 min sanity check. I'm a fairly untrusting person so I ran it in a VM against a test instance - no real-world data here. This means I haven't been able to try some of the trickier cases, e.g. logging in as a Google user. This is running against JIRA 6.0 master in JIRA OnDemand.
I noticed a few things:
1) If your list of issues is long enough to make the popup scroll, you end up with the footer floating over part of the content:
2) If the issue description is empty, it displays as [Object object]:
3) Spelling mistake on one of the error messages (should be "you're"):
4) When I had multiple columns in the Kanban Wall, often only the issues in one column were displayed. This happened frequently but not consistently, and I haven't had the time to pin down what triggers it. The request is made to the server to get the filter results, and the server returns the results, but they don't get displayed on the board.
And a few usability things that took me a while to understand:
5) It wasn't clear what I needed to put into "Kanban Wall Config". I figured it out in the end but maybe specify in the UI that it's a filter ID? "XXX" doesn't really help.
6) What does the green tickmark under the Kanban Wall Config do?
7) The initial install case when I didn't have a filter configured was a bit unclear, it just showed me results for "filter (null)". Might be more helpful to point people towards the configuration page when there is no filter configured?
I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG