Does anyone hate the Workflow designer as much as me?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

It's so annoying that everytime I have to work with the designer it means I need to fix again all the mess that causes those modifications.

And neither the labels work fine! It shows things like 'workflow.designer.toggle.label'

I really would like to know when this will be fixed. Does anybody know something?

Even this Jira Issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-25548 it's unassigned!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

I tend to find it faster to use the 'old way' of creating workflows too and use the workflow designer just to fix the look of the diagram afterwards. It's painfully slow to get anything done with the workflow designer in a lot of cases. The Ajax seems to take a lot longer to load and the UI isn't nice.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2012

I just don't understand why there isn't any update or something like that... Many hours wasted in this...

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2012

I've looked through the JIRA issue tracker. There are numerous updates happening, but the progress isn't as fast as we'd like it to be. Maybe if you've got specific issues, please raise a bug at https://jira.atlassian.com to get it looked at.

Maybe I've always been used to the old editor and found it a lot faster. I can see the benefits for newcomers though.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2012

I think the worst problem is the one that I indicated in the question. I could live without the tags if it stops messing around my workflow. It's so annoying...

Suggest an answer