Does an issue type of Epic move through either a Kanban or Scrum board or do only the issues that make up the epic?

Seth Hickel June 5, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Completing an Epic

Does an issue type of Epic move through either a Kanban or Scrum board or do only the issues that make up the epic?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Konstantin Mitov [Botron]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2016

Sadly, no you cannot move the epic through the kanban or scrum board. You will need to manage the epic links by editing the issues.

0 votes
Seth Hickel June 6, 2016

Thank you.  So once I have an issue in progress I would move the EPIC to in progress and once all issues for that EPIC are complete I would move the EPIC to complete.  Does that sound like the normal process that others uses?  Does the EPIC show in my my scrum board?  I see it when viewing backlog and I can see issues from my epic in my current sprint board.  It appears that the epic itself does not show in a current sprint board even if all the issues related to the epic are combined in a sprint.  Am I missing something?

Suggest an answer