Does an approver (Service Desk) need a jira licence?

There is no mention on this in the documentation - since approvers rarely are service desk agents (oftentimes managers, that don't work within the service desk except for giving approvals for certain things) I would assume that approvers don't need a JIRA licence at all and are counted as "customers"?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

thats a good question!! Even if they are jira-users, do they need to have an agent-license?

This widget could not be displayed.

It appears that "you do not need a license to approve a ticket in JIRA Service Desk. Anyone with application permission like Agents, managers, customers, can be an approver." source

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

112 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you