Does an add-on that deletes issues on a schedule exist?

Huuuze July 26, 2017

I've been unsuccessful in finding an add-on that will delete issues (identified by JQL) on a set schedule. In other words, after a specific type of task reaches 30 days, I'd like it to be removed from JIRA.

Is anyone aware of an add-on that meets that requirement?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Huuuze July 26, 2017
2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

Don't delete issues. It will come around to bite you. The forum is full of pleas to find a way to restore issues, but you can't. 

Huuuze July 26, 2017

Fortunately, that's not a concern in this case.

1 vote
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

Hi,

i don't know if there's a plugin for this but you can code a script service with any script plugin to achieve this

Huuuze July 26, 2017

I was hoping there'd be another option, but scripting seems like the clearest path.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

Ok, i think there's no other solution, but it is dangerous.

Jira uses indexes for searching, if your indexes are wrong the search will be returning issues that maybe you are not supposed to delete.

i'll do a check issue by issue to see if the criteria is met, after the issues are returned by the query.

good luck

Suggest an answer