Does an add-on that deletes issues on a schedule exist?

I've been unsuccessful in finding an add-on that will delete issues (identified by JQL) on a set schedule. In other words, after a specific type of task reaches 30 days, I'd like it to be removed from JIRA.

Is anyone aware of an add-on that meets that requirement?

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote
2 votes
Joe Pitt Community Champion Jul 26, 2017

Don't delete issues. It will come around to bite you. The forum is full of pleas to find a way to restore issues, but you can't. 

Fortunately, that's not a concern in this case.

1 vote
Gaston Valente Community Champion Jul 26, 2017

Hi,

i don't know if there's a plugin for this but you can code a script service with any script plugin to achieve this

I was hoping there'd be another option, but scripting seems like the clearest path.

Gaston Valente Community Champion Jul 26, 2017

Ok, i think there's no other solution, but it is dangerous.

Jira uses indexes for searching, if your indexes are wrong the search will be returning issues that maybe you are not supposed to delete.

i'll do a check issue by issue to see if the criteria is met, after the issues are returned by the query.

good luck

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

25 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you