Does adding a watcher to a JIRA issue generate an event?

Amit Narayanan May 31, 2012

If so, how/where can this event be trapped? (it doesn't seem to be part of EventType...)

-Amit.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dmitry Miroshnichenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

Since Jira 5.2 there is http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/latest/com/atlassian/jira/event/issue/IssueWatcherAddedEvent.html so you can catch event. But i can't find a solution for earlier versions

Amit Narayanan January 13, 2013

I haven't looked at JIRA 5.2 source, but that's good to know.

For previous versions, I just ended up creating my own custom event. Added the 'watcher' event to the JIRAEVENTTYPE table and dispatched it with the standard IssueEventManager#dispatchEvent. And finally, cobbled up an appropriate EventListener (again standard fare in JIRA) to intercept the events.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

find the doc for event which are providing by jira

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Event

Amit Narayanan May 31, 2012

Thanks for the link, but I'm not sure that answers my question.

It seems reasonable to expect an Issue UPDATE event to be fired upon adding a watcher, but I don't see it. I'm resigned to concluding that adding a watcher to an issue DOES NOT generate an event?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2012

i dont think there is a event for watcher may be some one help on this, but it won't fire issue update event on adding a watcher, they are updating watcher using REST api.

Suggest an answer