Does Stash integrate with Jira on Demand

Jim Nutt May 22, 2012

Like to try out stash to manage our git repos, but even more interested in the integration with Jira tickets, I see documentation on integrating with Jira but it doesn't indicate if that includes Jira On Demand

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben Still October 15, 2012

The simple answer to this question is "no"

There are quite a lot of different discussions/questions around this. If you are using onDemand and keep your code in a DVCS then you've probably run into these already. Almost enough to make one think some Atlassian people are paid by the word...

Here is my cheat sheet after 2h of trying to read various misleading tickets and pages:

• no you can't connect github to crucible to do code reviews
  • crucible and fisheye are about to get shut down anyway
  • code reviews: Stash is the Atlassian product to do this
  • Stash is not available in onDemand, so you might want to look at another product to do code reviews (you can't host yourself and connect to onDemand)
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2012

This was true at the time, but now you can connect Stash to a JIRA OnDemand instance. The JIRA FishEye plugin has been expanded to work with both FishEye and Stash. Following the instructions on this page should be sufficient.

gabriele sabadini January 11, 2013

hi there

i can steup a Stash + JIRA onDemand application link, configured with oauth, that's simple, but i have a problem while trying to setup JIRA user dectories inside Stash.

Stash is asking for:

Name: -> Jira server

Server url: -> i provide my atlassian ondemand application url (e.g. your.atlassian.net)

Application name: -> i can find it inside Admin->Plugin->Application Link-> Stash->Configure->Application details->application name = "Stash"

Application password: ???

What i'm supposed to input here?

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2013

Unfortunately I don't think user bases can be shared between JIRA OnDemand and self-hosted applications at this time.

0 votes
Salvatore D'Agostino March 27, 2014

Does this still apply to the current versions of Jira onDemand and Stash? I was able to get Stash partially integrated with Jira onDemand but am missing the Development section on Jira - I get:

JIRA is having difficulty contacting Stash. If this condition persists, please contact your JIRA administrators.

Furthermore, when I go to the Application links on Jira, the Outgoing OAuth doesn't seem to load. Does anyone have any experience with this?

0 votes
YvonneY September 11, 2012

Stash is designed to run behind the firewall so unfortunately it is not linkable to OnDemand.

If you are looking for a distributed version control solution to use with AtlassianOnDemand, we recommend using Botbucket or cloud based Git and Mercurial source code hosting. Bitbucket connects to Atlassian OnDemand via the JIRA DVCS connector.

Find here some more information:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Stash+FAQ#StashFAQ-QDoesStashworkwithJIRAIfsowhatversionofJIRAdoIneedtorunStash

Hope this answered your question,

Yvonne

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2012

In the future it may be possible to link a self-hosted Stash with an OnDemand instance.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

Hi Jim, here I found some documentations about this:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/JIRA+integration

There's a autoresolved question about the integration:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/51899/jira-source-tab-when-integrated-with-stash

And something more on the quick start:

http://quickstart.atlassian.com/download/stash/jira-integration

Hope this Helps!

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

Suggest an answer