Does Service Desk respect Confluence view permissions?

Ada Kardos November 20, 2017

I'd like to set up a Confluence space for a Service Desk Knowledge Base that has view permissions set to confluence-users. Within that space, I'd like to have sensitive content restricted to specific groups.

When a JIRA Service Desk user searches against that Confluence KB, I would assume the view permissions will carry in to the JIRA search results. Is that true?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RianS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

The short answer is yes it will respect the permissions that Confluence has towards users. Make sure that the setting to allow anonymous and unlicensed users access to the Knowledge base in the Service Desk is set to Licensed users only. Then if the permissions in Confluence space are set restrictively, it will respect those based on the users in the JIRA portal.

This also assumes that the JIRA user and Confluence users are equivalent and the application link is setup correctly between them.

Ada Kardos November 21, 2017

Excellent, thank you Rian!

Suggest an answer