Does ScriptRunner for JIRA use REST API?

JIRA Support March 1, 2016

6 answers

1 vote
Curtis McDonald March 4, 2016

Scriptrunner for JIRA does implement a REST API to allow integration from outside JIRA for performing tasks. 

Here is the documentations for the REST API Endpoints:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/rest-endpoints.html 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

Nor do I.  The REST API exposes JIRA to calls from other systems, so they can query and update JIRA issues.  You can think of it as a (slightly less feature-rich) user interface on to JIRA that is aimed at computers instead of humans.

The Script Runner adds lots of functions to JIRA that give you a lot more flexibility and power inside it. 

I'm not sure what the question is now, as they're not really related to each other.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

I just don't see how the rest api comes in to this.

0 votes
JIRA Support March 1, 2016

Hi Jamie,

I am considering using ScriptRunner to change the workflow based on the value field in the an issue. Some solutions were proposed here. We have some performance concerns about letting everyone uses REST API. The functions needed for the moment may not have an impact on performance. How one can tell whether a function called is not using REST API?

Thank you,

-Ann

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2016

FWIW, I hit "not spam", hopefully balances it out

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

Note to CQ admins - I pressed the wrong button, I meant to flag it NOT as spam, but no way to undo.

OP: Can you be specific? It has a rest api, but doesn't directly call jira's rest api.

Suggest an answer