Does Portfolio automatically update when new stories are added in Agile?

Joe Cross June 19, 2015

After doing an initial import from our existing JIRA tickets, our plan is in place.  But when developers add a new story to an epic in Agile, it doesn't seem to appear in Portfolio.  Do I need to do a regular import?  

It feels like I'm doing something wrong and that Agile and Portfolio would be sharing data so updates in one reflect in the other...

2 answers

2 votes
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2015

Hi Joe, you need to indeed run an import regularly - there is an option in the import dialog to "Exclude already linked issues", so using the same filter, only the newly created issues will show up in the dialog. In our team, I'm used to running both an import and a "Plan > Update from date" after every sprint/before going into sprint planning to re-baseline the plan with what has been accomplished and get new data in.  

We are working on this integration and establishing a more direct link between a plan and one or multiple agile boards, but it is a broader change with several implications. Right now, the benefit of the very explicit import and plan update is transparency in terms of changes to the calculated schedule/roadmap. 

Best, Martin, Product Manager for JIRA Portfolio

0 votes
Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2015

Time spent is updated

Suggest an answer