Does Jira v6.3 still have a "Source" tab for Stash?

Doug Hughes August 17, 2014

I am trying to setup and integrate Jira 6.3 and Stash 3.1.3. I want to be able to see a tab on issues in Jira listing the files changed in Stash for that ticket. Does this tab still exist in the current version(s) of Jira?

I am wondering if the source tab only shows when integrated Fisheye now.

I have setup reciprical Application links between Jira and Stash. I have created a project in both Jira and Stash. I have linked the projects between Jira and Stash. I can see the Development section on the right when viewing issues in Jira, but I can't see the source tab. Is this expected behavior?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
dericleeyy August 18, 2014

The source tab, which is coming from Jira Fisheye Plugin is being overriden by Jira Development Panel. When your application link is setup, you will be able to see the panel on the right side.

However, you will need "View Development Tools" permission in your permission scheme to see it. You can also check the "Development Tools" page in your project administration if you have setup your application link properly.

Doug Hughes August 18, 2014
You wrote, "The source tab, which is coming from Jira Fisheye Plugin is being overriden by Jira Development Panel"
I don't quite understand this. Do you mean that if I have the Jira-to-Stash application link setup that this overrides the Jira Fisheye (and Stash?) Plugin and cause the source tab not to show? Do I need to remove the Jira-to-Stash application link for the source tab to show up via the Jira Fisheye (and Stash?) Plugin?
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

As I know - the old source tab is not availible anymore. You can use development tools instead of it.

THAT is what I was looking for! This particular detail has been very hard to find. One last related subquestion, please:

From Jira, is there an easy way to see the specific files changed for a ticket? Not just commits, but the full set of files in the set of commits?

Development panel is there to replace the source tab.

If you prefer to use the source tab, you can disable the development panel system plugin in Jira and the Source tab will reappear.

In short, no.

Jira can only list down the commits with comments containing the issue key. You would have to expand the commits and look at the diffs for the file changes.

Ok, another last question for you: When a branch was created from Jira and contains the ticket number, shouldn't all the commits under the branch be associated with the issue? It may be challenging to train my developers to always stick the issue number in their commit message, but the branch already matches. If not, then consider this food for thought.

Only the branch containing the issue key would be listen in the Jira issue. You would need expand to the branch commit listing if you want more details. The way how the linking works is by detecting the issue key in the name or the comments.

If you think this is crucial for your developement, you may raise a feature request at jira.atlaasian.comfor our developer's review.

0 votes
MartinS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2014

I found a (strange, but working) workaround:

Just create an application Link to Fisheye, this will show the "source" tab, including all commits from Stash.

The fisheye application link does not even have to work, so you can setup a temporary fisheye using an evaluation license, and then shut it down again (this will show you an error message, though).

Suggest an answer