Does Jira have a "wizard" for creating filters?

Mike Allen April 15, 2014

Hi, I am new to Jira and I do not write code. Is there a wizard or something that can walk me through a filter creation process? I know what I want to see on my dashboard, but I have not been able to figure out how to make Jira's filters work the way I want to.

Thanks,

Mike

2 answers

0 votes
Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

In case you wanna write your filter in JQL, you should have a look to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA061/Advanced+Searching.

0 votes
Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

Hi, if you go to "Issues/Search for issues" from top level JIRA menu, you'll land on a page where you can either create a search filter by selecting usual issue attributes, or you can switch to the "Advanced" mode with which you can define a search request in JQL. Once a filter is defined, it can be saved.

Suggest an answer