Does Jira Software Integrate with Jira Service Desk?

Michael McCrae March 31, 2016

I have Service Desk Server installed, and I'd like to install JIRA Software Server. Do they integrate or are they separate products? If they integrate, how do I go about it?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2016

They're separate applications but both run inside a JIRA service.

So, if you install SD and add Software to it, you're sorted - they're both applications running on the same JIRA.  There's not even any "integration" to be done, they're working alongside each other on the same set of projects and issues already.

Michael McCrae March 31, 2016

Thank you. So during the installation, should I select Express Install or Upgrade Existing?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2016

Ah, hang on.  Neither.

You already have JIRA Service Desk installed - off-the-shelf, this is JIRA Core with Service Desk pre-installed.  If you want to add Software to it, you don't need an installer, you just go to Admin -> Manage Applications and add Software from there (not even a restart needed)

Suggest an answer