Does JQL work for hidden text custom field in jira ?

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2013

Hi ,

I have a text custom field and i update it through code with JSON formatted string.

Basically, i access the issue through JQL like ' project = A and Issuetype = B and <Custom-Field> is not Empty '

But if the text custom field is hidden through field configuration , then that issue is not shown in issue-navigator.

Jira version : 5.0.7

Even used the custom re-index code , still the issue persists.

Regards,

Dipti Ranjan Behera

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2013

Why would you hide the field, couldn't you just not place it on any screen?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2013

The JQL is working fine, but you've chosen to hide the field, so the navigator is respecting that and hiding it.

As Christian says, unhide it, but don't put it on any screens

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2013

@Nic ,

Can you just let me know difference btw not putting the field in any screen and hiding it through field configuration ?

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2013

@Nic , Thanks for the info.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2013

I already have told you that. If the field is hidden, it won't appear for issues in projects where it is hidden. Including in searches.

Suggest an answer