Does JIRA and Confluence run with MS SQL server 2017 (...seventeen!)?

Torben Flyvholm January 28, 2019

I dl'ed a 3 months trial version of MS SQL server 2017, but seem to have problems connecting to the already established JIRA and CONFLUENCE databases on that server.

I run everything "localhost", but cannot connect and I seem to be finding no confirmation from Atlassian that MS SQL Server 20*17* is also supported.

Anyone got this setup up running? :)

If so, did you have to do anything in particular to get *connect* working?

If not, I probably need to focus on the DB Browser service that might be the other possible obstacle.

Thank in advance,

Torben

2 answers

0 votes
Torben Flyvholm January 29, 2019

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for getting jack so soon - I conclude I will have to find a 2016-solution nown to make it work.

Goody to know that I didnt miss anything while making the setup... Except from an message from jira 😊 that I was attempting a connect to an unsupported database server version.

It does however nowhere say specifically that 2017 IS supported, though.

Be Torben

0 votes
Charly [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2019

Hi @Torben Flyvholm

In Jira 7.13.0 (latest stable version) is not supported: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/supported-platforms-938846830.html

Maybe they will add support for MS SQL Server 2017 in Jira 8, but right now it is not officially supported.

hope this helps!

Suggest an answer