Does JIRA 4.4.4 have support for Webhooks?

Tripp Martin March 6, 2017

I can not find WebHooks available anywhere in JIRA 4.4.4, but maybe they were called something else in that version. Does anyone know if this type of functionality exists in the 4.4.4 version? I would like to fire an event to an external application when a ticket transitions from one status to another. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2017

No, you need to go to a much higher version of JIRA - 6.something from memory.  7 is recommended of course, as 6.4 goes out of support in a couple of weeks.

Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2017
Tripp Martin March 6, 2017

That is what I figured, but wanted to check to make sure there wasn't something hidden that I wasn't aware of. Our upgrade is supposed to happen one of these days, but is unfortunately not in my control.

Thanks for the response!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2017

Thanks Niclas for the correction!  There's so much stuff in so many versions, my memory fails.

Tripp, you can mimic webhooks, but it's a bit of a pain, requiring coding post-functions to poke other systems.  Webhooks are a lot easier!

Suggest an answer