Does Filter search within History? Me thinks it does.

Tom Costales April 30, 2014

Hi,

I have a fairly simple advanced search that filters all P6 bugs in a project that do not have either of two specific labels.

project = HMT AND NOT (labels in (BRB-Candidate-P2, BRB-Candidate-P3)) AND priority = P6

It does not bring up issues that have had these labels at one time (History), but currently do not have either label.

This should bring up one issue that CURRENTLY does not have either of these labels, but it USED to have BRB-Candidate-P2 and this can be seen in the History of the jira issue. I played around adding the label again and removing it and changing the statement by removing the 'in' and explicitly stating each label:

project = HMT AND !(labels = BRB-Candidate-P2) AND !(labels = BRB-Candidate-P3) AND priority = 6

Logical questions from you:

o Did you spell the labels correctly? Yes and were entered via the Basic mode of Filter. I merely went to the Advanced mode to reverse the inclusion of the labels

o Did you set precedence in your query with parentheses? Yep. Had all types of parenthetical order forcing.

o Did you quote the labels? Yep, but since no spaces, it does not matter anyway.

So, does the filter search upon History of the issue?

I ask because a query such as this does not produce expected results for a project that does not contain "BC:" in the comments section:

project = HMT AND comment !~ BC:

Historically, the comment USED to have "BC:", but was edited and this text removed to its current state. So not seeing "BC:" currently in the comment for the issue, I would expect the issue to appear. It does not. Clicking on History of the issue shows that the comment was edited and this text removed.

Any guidance on this, or recommendations?

Thanks for listening,

Tom Costales

Yuzu by Barnes & Noble

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

It wouldn't search on history for labels. Your search indexes might be broken. Can you try a full reindexing and see if it changes anything?

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

Hi,

As I know History searches in Jira do not support the 'label' field.

Andris.

Suggest an answer