Does Excel Automation work for Jira on-prem?

Eugenie Meng May 15, 2021

Hi,

I am still very new to Jira and now I have a task to extract jira data into our MS SQL server in an automated process. 

I found the option "better Excel automation for Jira" from Atlassian marketplace:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212797/better-excel-automation-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

I just know that the Jira from my company is on-prem, I was wondering if excel automation is compatible with Jira on-prem.

Thanks very much.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2021

@Eugenie Meng - hi Eugenie!

✅ If your company is using an on-prem instance, then the Marketplace app you linked is compatible.

Both Jira Server and Jira Data Center are on-prem versions of Jira.

Hope this helps!

Eugenie Meng May 16, 2021

Thank you Dave, much appreciated!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Eugenie Meng ,

I'm Levente from Midori, makers of Better Excel Automation and Better Excel Exporter. As Dave said, it is compatible with on-prem (and only on-prem, as Atlassian doesn't allow app integrations for Automation for Jira Cloud)

Please start your journey here by understanding the connection between Better Excel Automation and Better Excel Exporter.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us directly through our support portal.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer