Does 'Developers' role get recreated automatically in JIRA?

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

My organization has another name for 'Developer' role, which is 'Software Engineer'. I have created this role and use it for workflows management instead of 'Developer'.

So, as long as I do not need it, I have removed 'Developer' role from JIRA.

The problem is that it reappears in JIRA from time to time after I delete it. Is it possible that JIRA recreates it?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

Developers role gets recreated after Bugzilla to JIRA migration

1 vote
Johny rao November 7, 2012

Whenever a new user logs into JIRA, developer and user access are granted to the user .May be that could be the reason for the recreation of the developer roles.

Thanks,

Anshul

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2012

Hi Sergey,

That's odd. Developers is a default project role in JIRA, but it should not be reapearing like you said, after being deleted. You might have found a bug there.

Which version of JIRA are you on? Is it a downloadable version? Have you tried renaming the role instead of deleting it to create a new one?

Cheers

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2012

Hi Sergey,

JIRA doesn't do such things AFAIK. Indeed, have you or somebody performed project imports? THey usually creates users, groups and I believe that could create roles.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2012

I performed Bugzilla and CSV imports recently. But, as far as I know, bugzilla does not have roles. And CSV didn't contain any role references either.

Suggest an answer