Does Checklist for JIRA work with Jira ServiceDesk?

Deleted user November 17, 2016

Does 'Checklist for JIRA' add-on work with Jira ServiceDesk? Or only with JIRA Software?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2016

Sort of.  It works with JIRA.  Service Desk and Software are JIRA applications that run within the JIRA framework, so the checklists are available to them.  But how they do it might be a bit complicated.  What are you looking to do with the fields?

Deleted user November 18, 2016

Hi Nic,

What we like to do is when we have a new employee joining the company that we create a new issue and we have to tick off the whole checklist, like account created; picture taken; access to applications granted etc. Is that easy to accomplish?

Saskia

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2016

Add the checklist to the issues in the project behind the Service Desk for your internal teams to use

The customer doesn't need to see the individual items, so you don't need to get the checklist on the front end of service desk.

Jim Anderson December 21, 2016

I'm also looking for a checklist solution for exactly the same type of workflow - on boarding new hires (or off-boarding people who leave). It would be great to be able to define a checklist template and associate it with the specific onboarding/offboarding issue type. 

Making sure agents address all the necessary tasks for on boarding someone is the first priority. If the end user (the new hire) could also follow along, or got notifications, as items are checked off, they would know where they stand within the process. That's the dream sheet...

As we white boarded the workflow, it also became clear that there are several different "tiers" of employees, some of which have more on boarding tasks and others which have fewer. The workflow is not the same for all tiers. Therefore, the workflow also needs to include decision points which alter the task list, depending on the answer. I suppose the other solution is to create an issue type for each tier of employee. 

I would appreciate input from any others looking to accomplish similar goals using Service Desk. 

Like Karla likes this
Monica Parado March 27, 2018

Has anyone found a way to do this at JIRA Service desk?

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2018

@Jim Anderson@Monica Parado

the workflow described can be achieved with the Issue Checklist app provided by my company for Jira Service Desk Cloud. 

All new issues in given Service Desk project can get a default checklist applied at the time the issue is created.

The checklist can be modified later on but if different "triers" require different checklist that is standardized/same for a given "tier", then I suggest to have a separate issue type for each "trier" (as mentioned by Jim). 

Also, the workflow can be configured to block Service Desk issue transition (e.g., Resolve), if not all Checklist tasks are completed. 

The checklist is displayed in Service Desk ticket as a right side panel with a list of tasks (summary and a checkbox). It can be alternatively moved to left side beneath the description. 

The checklist is not visible to the customer rasing the Service Desk ticket but only to the agent handling the issue. 

I'm happy to answer more questions if there are any.

Cheers,
Jack

Jim Anderson March 28, 2018

Hi Jack,

Issue Checklist looks like it might provide most of the functionality we need for checklists in Service Desk tickets. Too bad it's cloud only. (We are self-hosted.)

The search continues...
Jim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events