Does Atlassian support using application performance tools on production servers?

Bob Hong May 26, 2017

Our company has purchased Dynatrace and we would like to install an agent in our on-premise JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket.  Does this violate any support terms from Atlassian?  Has anyone had any noticable performance degradation while using APM tools such as Dynatrace or New Relic?

Thanks,

Bob

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2017

Hi Bob,

In terms of support, adding a performance tool to your system will not violate any support agreements. In regards to performance issues I have not run into any issues where the performance monitoring tool caused performance issues but I wouldn't rule out the possibility depending on the needs of your JIRA instance, the performance monitoring tool and the available resources you have on your system. You will need to make sure JRIA has all the resources allocated to it that it needs according to the JIRA Sizing Guide and the resources for the performance monitoring application you use will be handled by the OS.

Hopefully that helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Bob Hong May 26, 2017

Great, thanks for the prompt response.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2017

No problem Bob! I'm glad I was able to help. Hopefully if someone has first hand experience with those products in their environment and did experience issues they'll chime in but from my experience in Support you should be fine!

Suggest an answer